The Similarities of Muhammad and Joseph Smith
Compiled by Eric Barger
- Each claimed to be visited and guided by an angel.
- Each was allegedly given visions.
- Each was told that no true religion existed on the earth.
- Each claimed to be sent to restore the long lost faith as the one true religion.
- Each had a book produced from his teachings claiming to be “inspired by God.”
- Each claimed to be illiterate or uneducated and used this as proof the book was inspired.
- Each claimed the Bible was lost, altered, corrupted and unreliable.
- Each claimed his new holy book was the most correct and perfect book on earth.
- Each claimed to be a final prophet of God.
- Each claimed he was persecuted because of his pure faith.
- Each was a polygamist who had many wives.
- Each borrowed from paganism/polytheism.
- Immediately after their deaths, fights broke out from among the “faithful converts” as to who would succeed the deceased prophet.
- Each of their religions has those who follow the “original doctrine” and like both Muhammad and Smith, have exhibited violence, are polygamists, and have claimed “spiritual revelation” to justify evil actions.
- Both Islam and Mormonism claim to hold strictly to the path of their founders yet they are at least partially led by progressive revelation. (“New” revelation always replaces older revelation that becomes inconvenient to the current leaders.)
- Islam and Mormonism each sanction deception - even lying about their doctrines and true intentions - for the good of the cause of their religion. In Mormonism it is acceptable to obfuscate on one's affiliations and beliefs to non-Mormons and to new Mormon recruits under the 'principle' of “milk before meat.” In Islam, Surah 4:142 of the Qur'an clearly teaches the practice of of deception for the good of Islam. These are the Islamic edicts of “Kitman,” which is half truths meant to mislead an infidel and “Taqiyya” which is complete deception to subvert and deceive unbelievers.
- Neither Islam or Mormonism offers true salvation and a path to eternity with God.
If you are not already a subscriber to Take A Stand! O N L I N E click here!
Take A Stand! Ministries - POB 1485 - Rowlett, TX 75030